Painting Your House? Here Are Some Factors To Consider
Painting is one of the best ways to give your house a new look and feel. A mere change in colors can bring completely new energy to your house. You may be getting a paint job to give your house a fresh look or because of wearing of old paint, either way, there are a number of things that need to be considered.
1. Preparation – This part cannot be stressed enough. Cleaning the walls before painting them is important. Especially if discoloration of paint is the reason for getting your house painted again. Removal of all the dirt and dust from the walls before applying a coat of paint is necessary. Making sure nothing stands in the way (furniture, decorative things) is important.
2. Quality And Quantity Of The Paint – If you’ve done your research, you could avoid overspending on paint. Depending upon the area in square footage and whether the primer is to be applied, an adequate quantity of paint buckets is needed. At the same time, skimping on quality paint isn’t a good decision in the long run.
3. Is There An Ideal Painting Season?
To avoid problems, avoid painting during high moisture and stormy/rainy season. To give the paint adequate conditions to dry properly, painting during a dry and warm season will be a good decision.
4. Consider Using Primer – Applying a good coat of primer before the application of paint is generally considered a good idea and helps you save a good deal on paint. It ensures better adhesion of paint to the wall surface and provides additional protection. There are new products in the market – Paint-Primers, which eliminate the need for a separate primer.
5. Test The Paint – It’s generally a good idea to get the sample of the color you like. Observe the sample during the day and during the night, this will give you a good idea of how the color would look on the walls. Different colors can be used to create different ‘vibes’. Warm colors are generally cozy and inviting, whereas vibrant hues can make you feel energized.
6. Pay Attention To The Finish – Decide beforehand on the type of finish you desire. However, keep in mind that while high gloss finishes are easier to clean and durable, they often highlight the imperfections in your wall. On the other hand, A flat paint finish can hide those imperfections but are prone to damage.
7. Consider Hiring Professional Painters – The Painting industries is a competitive one, and hiring professional service would be a good investment in the long run. It will give you a better quality paint job and save you time as well as money and the job is guaranteed to be done right the first time. We suggest looking at House painting Auckland, to get a good idea of the available options.
While it may be tempting to do the job yourself, having it done by the professionals will help you save a lot of time and money. Especially if your walls need extensive damage repair (from cracks, holes, or water damage). It will be a bother to have to paint again after some time down the road and the expenses that follow.